Friday, September 13, 2013

favorites friday

Happy Friday 13th everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely lucky day.

Something I want to feature on my blog every now and again is "Favorites Friday's". This may not be an every week kind of thing, but it will definitely appear when I have a list of favorite things I want to share, and it happens to be a Friday. Obviously, haha!

Anyway, let's get on with it :)

The first thing I want to talk about is a candle I got from Bath & Body Works last weekend when I went shopping with my mom. It's called Pumpkin Cupcake, and it smells like the most heavenly of delicious treat scented candles. I burn this thing and it smells up my whole room almost instantly. It seriously smells like you've stepped into the worlds yummiest sweets shop. It's amazing, and I don't ever want it to burn all the way through! It also comes in a little mason jar (and various other versions, they were just running a sale on the jars) which makes it even nicer.
 The next thing I want to talk about are two teas that I've been in love with for about a month and a half now. They're so smooth, light, and amazing. I really love light teas, because I don't have to add anything to them, and it's not too much flavor. I'm not a coffee drinker (thanks to this article written by the ever-so-lovely and wise, Gala Darling - I highly suggest you go and read it...I bet it will put you off your coffee intake as well, or at least make you choose more wisely) except for every once in a blue moon, so I turn to these alternatives instead! Oolong Tea and Jasmine Green Tea. They make the best morning teas!!! Trust me. I am a big tea drinker. If you like light yet plentiful flavors, pick these up. They're healthier and tastier alternatives, and they don't need anything added to them.
The last thing I want to talk about is Coconut Oil. This is something I've been using for about, well probably a year and some now, and I love it. It helps with breakage and damage (I originally got it because I was bleaching and dying my hair so much and it was extremely damaged) and makes your hair much easier to work with after you wash it. Because, as every girl knows, after you wash your hair it's too soft and flat and hard to work with. The coconut oil keeps your hair soft, adds amazing shine and texture, and gives it a little oiliness to make it easier to work your hands and/or styling products through. You only need the tiniest bit; you just rub it into your fingers and then run them through your hair. As simple as that. I promise, if you go and grab some of this it will be one of your new favorite hair products. Plus, a little goes a long way, so you get A LOT for your buck (and it's not even expensive either).

That's my rant for this Friday's blog post. I'd do much more, but I want to save some things for other posts I have planned and in the works. Plus, I could be on here for days chatting about all of my favorite products. So, I hope you've enjoyed this post! Let me know if you try any of these things out, as well as your opinion, and enjoy the rest of your Friday 13th, everyone!

Catchya next time,
XO


* Candle - Bath & Body Works | Bigelow Teas - Wegmans | Coconut Oil - Sally Beauty Supply
** Also, I just thought I'd point this out... though I do read Gala Darling's blog A LOT, it was not the inspiration for my own blogs name. The short but sweet reason for that can be found in my "about me" page. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment